(24 September 2020) EPSU is recruiting a Policy Officer to lead its work in the Health and Social Services (HSS) sector.
The main responsibilities of this policy staff person are to:
- Develop EPSU’s strategy and policies in the health and social services (HSS) sector. This involves a wide and varied range of tasks including:
- overseeing and coordinating activities with members and affiliates in the sector;
- responding to policy developments relevant to the sector;
- representing EPSU vis-à-vis the European institutions, civil society, ETUC and PSI, and affiliated unions.
- Coordinate EPSU’s input into the EU social dialogue in the hospital sector, liaising with the employers’ secretariat HOSPEEM to develop activities.
- Develop, in cooperation with the Policy Officer for EPSU’s Local and Regional Government sector, EPSU’s work in social care, including developing EU social dialogue in this area.
- Contribute to EPSU’s overall work on workers’ rights, collective bargaining, quality public services and gender equality.
The successful candidate will:
- Be committed to European trade union co-operation and advancing policies and actions to support quality healthcare for all;
- Have a good understanding of European policies relating to health and social services, gender issues and workers’ rights;
- Have proven communication, negotiation and political skills;
- Be able to set and manage priorities;
- Be proficient in English (level C1) and have knowledge of at least one other European language, preferably French or German. Other languages are an advantage.
- Be able to travel as required.
EPSU offers a full-time, permanent position based in Brussels with attractive employment conditions and a starting gross salary of 4.950 EUR plus other legal and extra legal benefits according to our collective agreement.
Closing date for applications is 31 October 2020 (12h00).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We aim to hold interviews on-line on 16 and/or 17 November (afternoons).
EPSU is an equal opportunities employer.
For more information on EPSU please consult our website at: http://www.epsu.org
European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU)
EPSU brings together over 260 trade unions from 50 European countries. We influence the policies and decisions of employers, governments and European institutions, campaigning for well-funded public services and better rights at work. EPSU members work in health and social services, local, regional and central governments, and energy waste and water, employed by the public sector or for non-profit or private sector organisations. EPSU is a member of the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC) and the European regional organisation of the Public Services International (PSI).