The European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU) is a pan-European trade union
organisation representing workers in local and national administration, health and social services
and energy, water and waste sectors. Our members work in the public, non-profit and private
sectors. EPSU is a member of the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC) and is the
recognised European regional organisation of Public Services International (PSI) our global
EPSU is recruiting an experienced Organising and Campaigns Officer to support national trade
union organising and recruitment strategies in Eastern Europe and to strengthen the voice and
influence of public service workers. During 2019 we will be recruiting two further Officers to
complete our organising team for Eastern Europe.
Main Responsibilities (with indicative % of time):
- Provide support and advice to EPSU/PSI members in Eastern Europe regarding their
- organising, recruitment and membership strategies (70%)
- Develop and maintain contacts with members and potential EPSU/PSI members (15%)
- Contribute to EPSU/PSI work, campaigns and activities (15%)
- Essential Requirements:
- A proven track record in the design and implementation of training programmes aimed at
- increasing and strengthening trade union membership and engagement
- Experience of campaigns
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and in at least one eastern European language.
- Knowledge and/or willingness to learn other eastern European languages will be an
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Based in (or able to move to) a country in eastern Europe
- Able to travel extensively
We offer an attractive employment package according to experience and place of residence.
Interviews will be held in Brussels on 17 June 2019.
Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
EPSU is an equal opportunities employer.