PSI's Global Launch of Our Digital Future
We are glad to invite you to the online launch of PSI’s three-year project on digitalisation – Our Digital Future – and to consider nominating someone from your union to be part of the project as a digital rights organiser (see below).
The launch meeting will be on 11 May at 15:00-16:30 (CET) (interpretation in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian) and you can register here.
The aim of Our Digital Future is to ensure public service unions understand the potential of digitalisation in terms of the opportunities and challenges for workers, unions and public services and are empowered to influence them. You can find out more here.
The project will look at how to:
- shape workplace digitalisation processes in the interests of workers;
- influence digitalisation in public services in the interests of users and the community;
- lead public debate on how digital technologies should be governed in the people’s interest; and
- find, build and use the tools that can assist us in governing digital systems.
Our Digital Future’s primary aim is to build a global group of public service unions and unionists skilled in tackling digital challenges, centred around training three groups: digital rights organisers, union leaders, and union staff and workplace collective bargaining representatives.
Call for digital rights organisers
We are calling on unions interested in being involved in the project to nominate suitable persons to be digital rights organisers. You can find out more about what this means here. Those nominated will have the opportunity to participate in three, three-hour training seminars on 1, 8 and 15 June. Please register your interest by 18 May by contacting Richard Pond (email@example.com)
Open and Welcome
Mirko Herberg - Coordinator, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, Global Trade Union Programme
Rosa Pavanelli - PSI General Secretary
Launch of Our Digital Future
- PSI’s Global Digitalisation Programme
Daniel Bertossa, PSI Assistant General Secretary
- Introduction to Our Digital Future
Dr. Christina Colclough, Founder, Why Not Lab
- How digitalisation affects public services workers
Christian Daigle, President, Syndicat de la fonction publique et parapublique du Québec
- Digitalisation and development
Ridwan Oleyede, Co-Founder, Tech Hive Advisory