The European Commission will launch the new EU Care Strategy on the 7th of September.
The organisers hope this EU Care Strategy will help to shape social care policy around Europe in the years to come in areas such as:
- Availability, accessibility, and affordability of care services
- Attractiveness of jobs in social care, improving both pay and working conditions, as well as providing for continuous professional development and career paths
- Transition to home care and community-based services in line with human rights approaches to care provision
- Adequate and sustainable funding of social care services
- Tackling of gender stereotypes and inequalities linked to social care
- Further support to informal and family carers
In response to the launch, EASPD, AGE Platform Europe, EDF, EPSU, COFACE Families Europe, the Social Employers and Social Services Europe invite you to an online webinar on the 9th of September at 11H00. This will be the chance to learn more about the new EU Care Strategy and discuss initial reactions to the initiative.
Confirmed speakers include Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) Milan Brglez and Sirpa Pietikäinen, Rapporteurs of the Report towards a Common European Action on Care. Representatives from the European Commission and Czech Presidency are expected to participate.
Interpretation in English, French, and Sign Language as well as real-time captioning will be made available during the webinar.
The date of the event is subject to change in case the launch of EU Care Strategy is moved.
Click HERE for the Draft Agenda and more information