The FNV trade union has negotiated a 10% pay rise for the 100000 workers in mental health care on top of the pay increases already set in the current collective agreement. Mental health workers themselves had supported the union’s demands by starting a petition that got more than 10000 signatures in a very short space of time. There will be an additional salary increase of 5% in 2023 (minimum €150) on top of the previously agreed 2% (minimum €60). There will be a 2% wage increase (minimum €60) in 2024, followed by an additional 5%, 4% of which is structural (minimum €120) and 1% is one-off and based on the number of hours worked in the month of payment. The extra salary increase will also be passed on to allowances, such as holiday and end-of-year bonuses.
Additional pay rises in mental health care
More like this
Additional pay rises for 17000 healthcare workers
The public services union younion has secured an additional EUR 39 million on the paybill of 17000 workers employed by health institutions in Vienna. This comes on top of the general pay rise for public sector workers. Care assistants, qualified care workers and senior care staff in employment before 1 January 2018 will see an increase on basic pay and will have a new pay structure. There will also be pay supplements for midwives, various technical occupations and assistant doctors, again employed before 1 January 2018. The details of the changes are still be worked out but will be backdated
Pay rises of up to 9% for mental health workers and other news
The FNV, along with other trade unions, has negotiated a three-year deal for around 100,000 mental health workers that provides for pay increases of up to 9% and a minimum increase of €60 a month. There is a 2% pay increase each year plus a change to the pay structure that equates to overall increases of 7%-9%. There are also improvements to call-out and rest arrangements, a €2-a-day working-from-home allowance and reduced working time for those within four years of retirement. Union members will now vote on the offer. Meanwhile, there has been progress in the nursing home and home care sector
Workers in disability care to push for additional pay rise
The FNV trade union is urging workers in disability care to get involved in a range of actions to support the push for an additional pay rise this year. The collective agreement currently provides for a 3.2% but the union has convinced the VGN employers’ organisation to meet on 9 May to discuss a further increase to help workers cope with the surge in inflation. The FNV wants members to highlight their situation at work and on social media in the lead up the meeting. There will then be a consultation with members on 10 May to decide how to respond to the employers’ offer.