"The consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on mental health of healthcare workers "
FRIDAY 15 MAY 2020
12.00 – 14.00hr
The COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented challenge for society. Supporting the mental health of medical staff and affiliated healthcare workers (staff) is a critical part of the public health response. Around the world, medical staff from many countries are working tirelessly to respond to the growing number of coronavirus cases whilst also preparing for a further inevitable surge in cases in the coming weeks. The extreme challenges that will be faced by frontline workers in the coming weeks and months means that psychological science and the action from the unions organizing staff in hospitals has an important role to play in supporting their safety, performance and health.
This webinar will bring together experts who will present and discuss:
- What is the impact in the short and long term of of the COVID-19 outbreak on the mental health and stress of the healthcare staff involved?
- What are the main elements observed by expert in those months? what are the latest recommendations?
- What can we do as trade unions to support healthcare workers? what are the good practices already in place?
12.00–12.15 Introduction and welcome:
- Co-chairs - Razvan Gae, EPSU HSS vice-president and Julian Beezhold – EPA Secretary General
12.15–13.00 “The consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on mental health and implications for clinical practice”
- Andrea Fiorillo, EPA Board member
- Simavi Vahip, Chair of the EPA Council of National Psychiatric Associations (NPAs) PRESENTATION
13.00–13.30 “How to support healthcare staff in managing stress and psychosocial risks connected to the COVID-19 pandemic: the role and work of trade unions in healthcare “
- Andrea Filippi (FP CGIL - IT),
- Kirsi Sillanpää (TEHY – FI)
- Clare Baker (UNITE - UK) PRESENTATION
13.30–14.00 Question and Answer Session
14.00–14.05 Conclusions and Closing
Practical information to participate in this webinar:
To join the Webinar, click on the link below:
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: May 15, 2020 12:00 PM Brussels
Topic: "The consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on mental health of healthcare workers "
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Can't join the meeting? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org