FOLLOW UP WORKING GROUP MEETING ON PRISON SERVICES
14 September 2007
EPSU offices, rue Royale 45, Brussels
We are pleased to inform you that the EPSU Executive Committee meeting of 4 June adopted the prison action plan that was drawn up at the Prague workshop on 10-12 December 2006.
Prior to this meeting the EPSU standing committees on national administration (16 April 2007) and on health and social services (27 March 2007) discussed and approved the plan subject to minor changes.
You will find attached the final version of the prison services action plan in all EPSU languages
We can now proceed with the implementation of the action plan, which we would like to discuss with you in a smaller working group.
This working group meeting will take place on Friday 14 September at the EPSU offices, rue Royale 45, Brussels.
It will start at 10h00 until 17h00
Working languages will be English, French and another language in light of the participation list.
Please note that for budgetary reasons we cannot provide the full range of EPSU languages.
Exceptionally, financial assistance is available according to the attached EPSU ‘rules governing financial assistance in EPSU conferences', for a limited number of participants (1 per country). However, reimbursement will be made on the basis of completed expense claims (including original vouchers) that will be distributed at the meeting.
We kindly ask you to nominate 2 delegates per EPSU constituency (please see list of constituencies attached), 1 from prison wardens' services and the other from social/care services in prisons.
If you are not sure how to go about the nomination process, please discuss with your representative on the NEA and HSS committees, thanks.
We will send you a draft agenda at a later stage but please note that the following items will be on the agenda:
- Organising a European action day around the issue of overcrowding in prisons - please note that Italian colleagues will hold an action day on 27 September to protest at prison overcrowding and deteriorating working and living conditions in Italy
- Preparations of a conference in second half of 2008
We also attach a questionnaire on trade union density in prison services to complete and return to email@example.com by 10 September 2007. This questionnaire was distributed to the workshop but so far we have received only 2 replies.
Please complete and return the attached registration form by 16 July 2007
We also remind you to please let us know of any trade union activities in your country's prison services, thanks. We can post short stories on the webpage dedicated to the EPSU prison network please see www.epsu.org/r/226
We thank you again for your contributions at the Prague and Luxembourg seminars and look forward to seeing you again in Brussels
- Invitation letter (in French, German, Spanish and Swedish)
- Draft agenda (in English, French and Spanish)
- Discussion note: Europe Action Day(s) on Europe's overcrowded prisons + ANNEX-Discussion document for prison service meeting 14-09-2007,Background data
- Calling notice Prison Action Day
- Participants list
- Registration form
- Prison action plan (available in EN/FR/DE/ES/SV/IT)
- Questionnaire on trade union density in prison services (available in EN/FR/DE/ES/SV)
- List of hotels
- Location map
- Financial assistance
- EPSU constituencies