Vacancy for a Secretary / Administrative Worker
European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU), Brussels
The European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU) represents 8 million workers in the energy, water and waste sectors, health and social services and local and national administration, in all European countries including in the EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood. EPSU is a federation of the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC) and the recognised regional organisation of Public Services International (PSI). EPSU advocates for quality public services for all.
EPSU is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Secretary / Administrative Worker for a 6 months fixed-term contract, full-time to strengthen its team in Brussels.
Main Responsibilities :
- Organising meetings and events for trade unions only and social partners. Tasks include planning and logistics, preparation of documents, contacts with participants and speakers, and follow-up;
- Managing contacts and communication with members via the database and website;
- Capacity to draft short texts and take notes;
- Contributing to overall office work.
Essential Requirements :
- Experience in organising office work/administration
- Good IT knowledge (MS Office)
- A good level of spoken and written English. Knowledge of other European languages will be an advantage
- Good interpersonal, organisational, multi-tasking and flexibility skills
- Interest in social issues and trade union work
The salary will be in the range of 2.500 EUR monthly gross salary depending on experience, plus other legal and extra legal benefits according to our collective agreement. Closing date for applications is midday on 6 January 2020. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that we aim to hold interviews on 14 and/or 15 January 2020.
EPSU is an equal opportunities employer.
For more information on EPSU please consult our website at: http://www.epsu.org