European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU), Brussels
The European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU) represents 8 million workers across Europe in the energy, water and waste sectors, health and social services and local and national administration. EPSU is a federation of the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC) and the recognised regional organisation of Public Services International (PSI). EPSU advocates for decent work and quality public services for all.
EPSU is looking for an experienced (minimum 3 years), multi-lingual Secretary / Administrative Assistant to strengthen its team in Brussels.
- Planning, organization and follow-up of EPSU activities and events. This includes preparing with the responsible policy officer(s) meeting documents, contacting participants and speakers, drafting correspondence, writing minutes etc;
- Managing contacts and communication with members, in person and also including via the EPSU database and website;
- Other tasks as required for the good functioning of the EPSU office.
The job involves occasional travel.
- Interest in social issues and trade union work;
- Experience of organising on-line and physical meetings and events;
- Good IT knowledge (Microsoft 365, Mailchimp, CiviCRM, Zoom);
- Excellent spoken and written English (C2) plus good knowledge (C1) of one other EPSU official language (e.g. French, German). Knowledge of other European languages will be an advantage;
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
Interested candidates are requested to fill in the job application form that can be found on the following link : https://www.epsu.org/article/vacancy-secretary-administrative-assistant and to send it to Nadine Janssen [email protected].
Permanent contract – full time (35 hours/ week).
The starting salary will be in the range of 2.900 EUR monthly gross salary depending on experience, plus other legal and extra legal benefits according to our collective agreement.
Closing date for applications is midday on 4 December 2023.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that we aim to hold interviews mid-December 2023.
EPSU is an equal opportunities employer.