Vacancy for a Policy Assistant / Youth Coordinator
European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU), Brussels
EPSU brings together over 270 trade unions from 49 European countries. We influence the policies and decisions of employers, governments and European institutions, campaigning for well-funded public services and better rights at work. EPSU members work in health and social services, local, regional and central governments, and energy waste and water. They are directly employed by the public sector or work for non-profit or private sector organisations.
EPSU is recruiting a talented and motivated Policy Assistant / Youth Coordinator to strengthen it’s team in Brussels. Half of this job will be to support EPSU’s work in social services.
- Assist EPSU work in the social services sector (childcare, elderly and long-term care…) in cooperation with the policy staff responsible for health and social services and local and regional government
- Coordinate the work of the EPSU Youth Network to implement the workplan and increase the Network’s coverage of unions and countries
- Assist with EPSU projects and other priorities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable interest in social movements / trade union and youth work
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Fluent English and good knowledge of French and/or German. Further Eastern European languages will be considered an asset
- Good inter-personal, organisational and time-management skills
Starting salary of approximately 2.900 EUR monthly gross salary, depending on qualifications and experience, plus other legal and extra legal benefits according to our collective agreement.
Interested candidates are requested to fill in the application form that can be found here and return it to Nadine Janssen firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is midday on 4 November 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that we aim to hold interviews on 25 and/or 26 November 2019.
EPSU is an equal opportunities employer.
For more information on EPSU please consult our website at: http://www.epsu.org