The European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU) is a pan-European trade union organisation representing workers in local and national administration, health and social services and energy, water and waste sectors. Our members work in the public, non-profit and private sectors. EPSU is a member of the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC) and is the recognised European regional organisation of Public Services International (PSI) our global federation.
EPSU is recruiting an experienced Organising and Campaigns Officer to support national trade union organising and recruitment strategies in Eastern Europe and to strengthen the voice and influence of public service workers. The successful candidate will join two other Officers in the organising and recruitment team.
Main Responsibilities (with indicative % of time):
- Provide support and advice to EPSU/PSI members in Eastern Europe regarding their organising, recruitment and membership strategies (70%)
- Coordinate the work of local organisers
- Develop and maintain contacts with members and potential EPSU/PSI members (15%)
- Contribute to EPSU/PSI work, campaigns and activities (15%)
- Experience of developing initiatives to increase and strengthen trade union membership and engagement
- Experience in delivering trade union educational activities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and BCS (Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian). Knowledge and/or willingness to learn other Eastern European languages will be an advantage.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Based in (or able to move to) a country in Eastern Europe
- Able to travel extensively
We offer an attractive employment package, reflecting experience and place of residence.
Interviews will be held on 29 February in Brussels.
Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
EPSU is an equal opportunities employer.
For more information on EPSU please consult our website at: http://www.epsu.org