(24 September 2020) EPSU is recruiting an experienced Organising and Campaigns Officer to support national trade union organising and recruitment strategies in Eastern Europe and to strengthen the voice and influence of public service workers. The successful candidate will join two other Officers to complete our organising team for Eastern Europe.
Main Responsibilities (with indicative % of time):
- Provide support and advice to EPSU/PSI members in Eastern Europe regarding their organising, recruitment and membership strategies (70%)
- Develop and maintain contacts with members and potential EPSU/PSI members (15%)
- Contribute to EPSU/PSI work, campaigns and activities (15%)
- Experience of developing and running initiatives to increase and strengthen trade union membership and engagement
- Experience of campaigns
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Russian. Knowledge and/or willingness to learn other Eastern European languages will be an advantage.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Based in (or able to move to) a country in Eastern Europe
- Able to travel extensively
We offer an attractive employment package according to experience and place of residence.
Interviews will be held on-line on 12 November 2020
Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
EPSU is an equal opportunities employer.
For more information on EPSU please consult our website at: http://www.epsu.org
European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU)
EPSU brings together over 260 trade unions from 50 European countries. We influence the policies and decisions of employers, governments and European institutions, campaigning for well-funded public services and better rights at work. EPSU members work in health and social services, local, regional and central governments, and energy waste and water, employed by the public sector or for non-profit or private sector organisations. EPSU is a member of the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC) and the European regional organisation of the Public Services International (PSI).