Vacancy for a Communications Assistant (part-time, fixed-term contract)
European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU), Brussels
The European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU) represents 8 million workers in the energy, water and waste sectors, health and social services and local and national administration, in all European countries including in the EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood. EPSU is a federation of the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC) and the recognised regional organisation of Public Services International (PSI). EPSU advocates for quality public services for all.
EPSU is looking for an English-speaking Communications Assistant for a 6 months fixed-term contract, 30 hours a week (5 days). This is a unique opportunity for a talented, hardworking and motivated communicator.
- Proactively contribute to the EPSU website and social media channels.
- Write and edit a variety of documents and assist in creating an EPSU media profile.
- Support the communications work of the different EPSU sectors as well as on ongoing EPSU campaigns.
- Develop the media screening of the organisation and increase its outreach.
- Demonstrable interest in social movements / trade union work
- At least one year's experience in communications work
- Excellent English (C2) and a good knowledge of one other European language. (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/resources/european-language-levels-cefr). Knowledge of other languages is an advantage
- Experience of writing press and other communication materials and in using and developing websites and social media tools.
- Good interpersonal, organisational and time-management skills
We offer a dynamic work environment with many opportunities to learn and develop skills and competences.
The monthly gross salary is in range of 2.500 EUR plus other legal and extra legal benefits according to our collective agreement.
Closing date for applications is midday on 25 July 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted before 1 August and that interviews will take place on 2 and/or 3 September.
EPSU is an equal opportunities employer.
For more information on EPSU please consult our website at: http://www.epsu.org