On the 23rd of June, Public Services Day, citizens around the world acknowledge the wide range of education, health, social and other key services delivered all day and everyday by public service workers. This year the European federations for public service (EPSU) and education (ETUCE) want to highlight the contribution made by the millions of public service workers who have done their best to maintain quality services while suffering the long-term effects of pay cuts and pay freezes.
To read more about the situation back in 2010 and 2012 you can read our reports The Wrong Target.
- For the EPSU - ETUCE Briefing "Pay in the Public Sector: how workers continue to pay for the crisis" : EN - FR - ES
- For the EPSU - ETUCE Press Release : EN - FR - ES
- For the video
- Hashtags for the day: #PublicServicesDay #OurPayRise
- For the logos for the 23rd of June action : Administration, Firefighters, Police, Health, Teachers, Group - all sectors
- For the infographics : Infographic 1 Pay cuts & freezes - Infographic 2 loss of purchasing power - Infographic 3 unions estimate - Complete infographic
- For the EPSU Hungarian affiliated unions statement
- Recent Collective Bargaining News – Unions demanding pay rises