launch of the FORTE Project
Welcome to the FORTE project newsletter
(1 September 2022) The Social Employers and EPSU with the affiliate partner Nexem are pleased to annouce the launch of the FORTE Project. The project outcomes will feed into joint discussions and outputs in the framework of sectoral social dialogue in social services.
The FORTE Project aims to gather evidence and highlight the needs of the social services sector with regards to skills and training, linked to the evolving needs of service users and new models of care.
The project will also address the need to ensure safe, and healthy working conditions in the sector, to be able to attract and retain the workforce needed to respond to the growing care and support needs of changing societies.
Special attention will be paid to the role of social partners and collective bargaining in managing changing job profiles, skills, and training needs, and ensuring good working conditions.
All the project updates will be available on the Social Employers FORTE Project webpage.
What is the FORTE Project about?
Duration and funding:
- August 2022 – July 2024
- European Commission, DG Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion, Support for social dialogue - Project (n°101051751)
Some of FORTE deliverables include:
- Study on the evolution of jobs, skills and training needs in social services, with a focus on the role of social partners in managing such changes.
- A report on improving working conditions in social services, with a collection of good practices from social dialogue/collective bargaining.
- Two technical seminars with social partners to discuss the main findings of the study and the report
- Four project e-newsletters
- A final Conference to present the project outcomes
For more information, please contact:
EPSU Policy Assistant Social Services and Youth
With financial support from the European Union