The meeting is jointly organised by EPSU and our German colleagues of Verdi. It is a follow-up to the meeting we organised on 9 March 2006 in Stockholm (for background information, please see http://www.epsu.org/r/37).
The main themes are:
- Waste sector and public procurement (speaker is invited to report on a study on this theme. Focus is on how can criteria in public contracts for decent pay and conditions and quality service)
- Competition and Working Conditions (and in connection with organising workers)
- Handling of Dangerous Substances (one of the Nordic colleagues will present this issue)
- Transnational Companies active in the Waste Industry
- European Waste Strategy (Speaker will be invited from one of the environmental organisations which are working on this issue)