(May 2016) Earlier this year the ETUC launched a campaign in support of trade union rights highlighting some of the challenges its members organisations have faced in recent years.
At European level, the European Commission along with the European Central Bank and International Monetary Fund, have intervened as the Troika in countries like Greece and Portugal, pushing through major reforms to collective bargaining rights. While at national level, governments have introduced or are putting forward changes to legislation that attacks trade union rights (Lithuania, UK) or are directly challenging longstanding arrangements for collective bargaining (Finland). Trade unions are also finding themselves under attack as governments use existing legislation to criminalise those taking industrial action (France and Spain).
In the first stage of the campaign ETUC affiliates have been contacting MEPs to get them to sign a pledge to support and promote trade union rights in the policy and legislative work they do. EPSU affiliates are urged to contact their national confederations to find out how they can help in getting more MEPs to sign up.
Copies of the pledge and supporting information are attached.
- ETUC TU Rights Pledge_EN.pdf
- ETUC TU Rights Support_EN.pdf
- ETUC TU Rights Pledge_DE.pdf
- ETUC TU Rights Support_DE.pdf
- ETUC TU Rights Pledge_CZ.pdf
- ETUC TU Rights Support_CZ.pdf
- ETUC TU Rights Pledge_FR.pdf
- ETUC TU Rights Support_FR.pdf
- ETUC TU Rights Pledge_ES.pdf
- ETUC TU Rights Support_ES.pdf
- ETUC TU Rights Pledge_IT.pdf
- ETUC TU Rights Support_IT.pdf
- ETUC TU Rights Pledge_POL.pdf
- ETUC TU Rights Support_POL.pdf