(26 July 2017) Please find below the latest EPSU trade update.
The update includes information on:
- current debates on the future of EU trade and investment policy, including on the gender dimension
- a new EC ‘non-paper’ on trade and sustainable development Chapters
- developments with the Multilateral Investment Court (MIC) project
- UN Treaty on business and human rights
- recent EPSU – PSI Japan Council statement on the EU Japan trade agreement (JEFTA)
- TiSA publications
- CETA provisional application 21 September
- EU-Ukraine DCFTA and health and social care
We draw your attention to the fact that although there are many debates on the future of trade and investment policy – that indicate that there is at least a recognition that there are problems with the current approach - there are more EU trade negotiations than ever that are on-going or being initiated (see http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2006/december/tradoc_118238.pd) showing little sign of a change in direction.
Other EPSU trade updates and briefings are on the EPSU website available under the network Public Services, Document type: Papers and publications.
More trade news in the Policy Trade section.