(17 May 2018) The EPSU Executive Committee adopted the Prague statement following our Women’s conference 7-8 February 2018. The statement sets our commitment to six basic principles of a new gender contract:
- Economic independence for women and men.
- Equal pay for equal work and work of equal value.
- Equality in decision-making.
- Dignity, integrity and ending gender violence.
- Solidarity and support with and for women beyond the EU.
- Integrating a gender perspective into all policy fields.
The statement further commits us to:
- ensure equal representation in decision-making bodies.
- help guarantee equal pay for work of equal value through collective bargaining.
- help eradicate violence against women at the work-place.
- support adequate work-life balance policies.
- value women’s equal, independent and reliable contribution to the social and economic development of our societies.